About the company:
As one of Singapore and Malaysia’s fastest-growing public relations and digital content
agencies, we take pride in the relentless innovation, strategy, and execution that have helped
grow our client portfolio to over 600 startups and small-to-medium businesses today.
At Elliot & Co., we cut through the fluff. Instead of disposable marketing and communications
tactics, we create meaning for our clients and their consumers, propelling businesses to
experience the growth they deserve.
Here at Elliot, we operate in a casual office environment, but are very serious about producing
high-quality work with unparalleled results. As part of a growing team where our individual job
titles mean little and quality of work means everything, you will be held accountable to a high
standard and expected to pitch in where needed across the board.
About the role:
Newly established this year, the Editorial team is the latest addition to Elliot’s ranks. To get
things started, we’re looking for content writers who not only tell stories, but who tell genuine
and compelling stories. As an early member of the team, you will have the unique opportunity to
set the tone for our editorial work as we continue to grow.
Our large roster of clients have proved that diversity in lived experience can make for richer
narratives. That’s why we’re considering all applicants, whether you have years of formal writing
experience or none at all!
All we ask is that you bring stellar writing to the table, as well as a hawkish eye for detail in
everything that makes a piece of writing great: language, punctuation, flow, voice. We expect you
to have a keen understanding of what makes the media tick, and a wealth of ideas to weave into
the stories that you’ll be telling them.
Who we’re looking for:
● You’re passionate about the written word and telling a dynamic range of stories
● You’re a confident communicator — both verbally and in writing — with the ability to
correctly use and adapt to different tones/styles at all levels in your work
● You’re a master of the English language and hold yourself to high standards of writing
● You enjoy consuming, critiquing, and crafting creative content
● You’re a strategic thinker who is process-driven yet creative in bringing your wealth of
ideas to life
● You’re able to work efficiently and productively in time-sensitive environments
● You’re always looking for room to grow personally and professionally
● You want your voice to be heard in shaping team culture and Elliot’s overall growth
What your typical day will look like:
● Craft compelling media stories and digital content (including but not limited to press
releases, media pitches, byline articles, longform posts)
● Maintain strict quality control standards in grammar, structure, tone, and all things
● Stick to tight writing time frames to ensure all external deadlines are met
● Provide strategic input on angles and creative messaging that will assist the team in
delivering persuasive stories to clients and the media
● Assist Editorial lead in vetting outgoing media material and digital content
● Work with Editorial lead to refine writing SOPs and guidelines, with the goal of improving
overall writing quality across the board
Bonus head-turning criteria:
● Familiarity with the local/regional media landscape
● High level of interest in current affairs, trends, and startups/SMEs
● Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative spirit
● Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness, resilience, and grit
- Please note that this role is currently open only to Malaysian citizens and permanent residents.